Tax Time 2009
With the growth of our practice, it will assist us if you could ring and make an appointment for the preparation of your 2009 Tax Return.
Please review the following checklist to ensure you bring everything to assist me to maximise your refund. [ Tax Return Checklist ]
Medical Rebate: If you or your family has had out of pocket medical expenses in excess of $1,500 you may be able to claim a 20% tax rebate on the amount in excess of $1,500.
If you want to claim this tax rebate you will need to bring:
- Tax Statement from Medicare (phone Medicare on 132011&request a Tax Statement).
- Taxation Certificate from your Private Health Insurer detailing claims made and benefits paid.
- Statement of expenses from your Chemist (your regular Chemist can provide you with this) or a summary of your chemist receipts.
- Summary of other medical expenses, including Dental&Optical.
Payment of Refund: Please bring your BSB&Bank account details for electronic payment of your refund. This provides the fastest method of receiving your refund.
Education Rebate: If you would like to claim this tax rebate please complete the attached worksheet to determine your eligibility and amount of your claim.
Overtime Meal Deductions: Please bring in your payslip showing the rate paid per meal.
Living Away from Home / Travel Allowance: Please bring in your payslip showing the rate paid per night whilst away from home.
Car Deduction – Employment related&self employed
- Cents per Kilometre Method: You may be able to claim up to 5,000 kilometres of work related travel. Please bring your record of kilometers travelled.
- Log Book Method: If travelling more than 5,000 kilometres it may be in your interests to use the “Log Book Method”. Please review the requirements for using this method located here: Tax Tips
Website: You can subscribe for our Tax Update Newsletters at www.agradetax.com.au
See you soon and thank you for your referrals over the past year.
B.Comm PNA JP
Business Tax Newsletter
Subscribe & stay informed on the latest Business Tax News!
Personal Tax Newsletter
Subscribe & stay informed on the latest Personal Tax News!